Level 1 provides a core understanding of the Macrobiotic principles involved in this comprehensive and holistic philosophy.
In this course you will:
. Learn to improve your own health and to help others with the skills of healthy living. . Benefit from an accelerated program of practical tuition. . Gain expanding vocational skills with each level of study. . Benefit from an international teaching staff with years of practical experience.
About the course:
. All classes are given in English. . Number of hours: 111 hours. . Equivalence to the Annual Macrobiotic Course, Level I. . The course includes: lunch, dinner (4 times per week on cooking classes days), handouts, and certificate of participation
Bill Tara, Simon Brown, Lourenço de Azevedo, Geninha Horta Varatojo, Rosalina Silva, João Filippi, Cátia Curica, Sónia Jordão, Paula Azevedo, Teresa Mizon, Ana Torres, Cristiano Martins, Anouk Froidevaux.
• Creating a Healthy Society • A review of Traditional approaches to Health and Healing • Developing a Human Ecology • The Basic Principles of Macrobiotics • The History of Macrobiotics • Understanding Body Energy
TRADITIONS OF NUTRITION
• Traditional Food Wisdom and Modern Nutrition • What does science say about diet? • Yin and Yang / Understanding Food Energy • Human Physiology and Dietary Considerations • Understanding the energy of foods by growth patterns, environment and effect on body • The Roots of Modern Macrobiotic Dietary practice • The Economy and Ecology of diet • Making adaptation to the season and environment • Basic Dietary changes for personal needs
HEALTH AND EMOTION
• Belief and Behaviour in health and healing • Relationship of health to habit • Understanding Health and Sickness • The Mind Body connection • Basic character qualities in Five Transformations as archetypes to inform understanding. • Practical Visualization Process • The Power of Affirmation
• Health Assessment and Oriental Diagnosis • The uses and limitations of visual diagnosis • Understanding the Art of Seeing (Bo-Shin) • Qualities of excess in skin colour and complexion • Practical uses of the face map • Expression and Body Language • Posture and Body Armouring • Hands and Feet
BASIC PRINCIPLES OF A MACROBIOTIC KITCHEN
• How to set up a Healthy Kitchen • Cooking with Grains • Cooking with Vegetables • Cutting and Preparing • Soups • Beans • Seaweeds • Snacks • Breakfasts and desserts
PRINCIPLES AND PRACTICE OF HEALTH COACHING
• Orientation to coaching • The principles of intentional listening • Bridge building and motivation in healing • Rules of the game, basic technique and inspiration • An Ethical approach to Health Coaching • Strategies for healing common health problems • Home Remedies • Dietary and Lifestyle adjustments for Common Health Problems • How to make safe adjustments in diet and lifestyle • Establishing a health related business
11th - 25th May 2019 | next dates: 7th - 21st of September 2019
Graphic and web designer that came into contact with Macrobiotics at a very early age. Her mother was a student at the Community Health Foundation – London and this experience planted fundamental seeds that became very useful in life.
Californiano e pioneiro em cuidados de saúde naturais, Bill Tara é um dos líderes do movimento macrobiótico mundial, tendo pedido ao Congresso Americano para dar o seu testemunho em questões relacionadas com saúde.
A seed released to the earth in the fertile spring of 1979 in Freiburg im Braisgau, Germany whose roots later on extended and whose flowers bloomed open in Oporto, Portugal. I am a Biodanza (Rolando Toro System) Facilitator, certified by the Biodanza SRT School of Oporto, Portugal and also a Dida
Geninha is one of the most well known Macrobiotic teachers in Portugal and a regular presence in Spain. She is also author of several cook books regarding Macrobiotic diet and writer of countless articles in numerous magazines in Portugal, since 1990's.
He is the Coordinator of the Shiatsu Annual Course, part of the Macrobiotic Institute of Portugal. As the connection between Shiatsu and Macrobiotics has been part of the core of the Macrobiotic Institute, João Filippi also teaches Shiatsu at the Macrobiotic Annual Courses in Portugal and at the
Simon is the author of Modern Day Macrobiotics and Macrobiotics For Life and a macrobiotic practitioner, consultant and teacher living in London UK. Simon provides online and in person macrobiotic consultations and courses.