International Macrobiotic Course | Level 3
7th - 21th September 2019
7th - 21th September 2019
Please follow the links below for more information on the course:
The Level 3 of the International Macrobiotic Course provides more in-depth study for the student developing a professional approach to health coaching. It provides a sharp focus on physiology from a physical and energetic viewpoint, the specific treatment of chronic health issues and issues of both men’s and women’s health as well as using the acupuncture meridians for diagnosis and simple treatment.
In this course you will:
. Learn to improve your own health and to help others with the skills of healthy living.
. Benefit from an accelerated program of practical tuition.
. Gain expanding vocational skills with each level of study.
. Benefit from an international teaching staff with years of practical experience.
About the course:
. All classes are given in English.
. Number of hours: 108 hours.
. Equivalence to the Annual Macrobiotic Course, Level III.
. The course includes: lunch, dinner (on cooking classes days), handouts, and certificate of participation.
Bill Tara, Lourenço de Azevedo, Geninha Horta Varatojo, Rosalina Silva, João Filippi, Cátia Curica, Nuno Félix, Marco Fonseca, Paula Azevedo, Marta Ribeiro.
Anouk Froidevaux, Cristiano Martins, Rosalina Silva.
PRICES & CONDITIONS
Dates: 7th - 21th September 2019
until the 30th June 2019 - 1790€
From the 1st of July until the 31st of July 2019 - 1890€
From the 1st of August until the 7th of September 2019 - 1990€
To guarantee your vacancy please make sure you provide the payment of 25% of the total amount. The last 75% should be payed until the first day of the course.
We reserve the right to cancel the course if there are less than 10 registrations. In case of cancellation, full refund is granted.
THE MACROBIOTIC VISION
• Creating a Healthy Society
• A review of Traditional approaches to Health and Healing
• Developing a Human Ecology
• The Basic Principles of Macrobiotics
• The History of Macrobiotics
• Understanding Body Energy
TRADITIONS OF NUTRITION
• Traditional Food Wisdom and Modern Nutrition
• What does science say about diet?
• Yin and Yang / Understanding Food Energy
• Human Physiology and Dietary Considerations
• Understanding the energy of foods by growth patterns, environment and effect on body
• The Roots of Modern Macrobiotic Dietary practice
• The Economy and Ecology of diet
• Making adaptation to the season and environment
• Basic Dietary changes for personal needs
HEALTH AND EMOTION
• Belief and Behaviour in health and healing
• Relationship of health to habit
• Understanding Health and Sickness
• The Mind Body connection
• Basic character qualities in Five Transformations as archetypes to inform understanding.
• Practical Visualization Process
• The Power of Affirmation
• Health Assessment and Oriental Diagnosis
• The uses and limitations of visual diagnosis
• Understanding the Art of Seeing (Bo-Shin)
• Qualities of excess in skin colour and complexion
• Practical uses of the face map
• Expression and Body Language
• Posture and Body Armouring
• Hands and Feet
BASIC PRINCIPLES OF A MACROBIOTIC KITCHEN
• How to set up a Healthy Kitchen
• Cooking with Grains
• Cooking with Vegetables
• Cutting and Preparing
• Breakfasts and desserts
PRINCIPLES AND PRACTICE OF HEALTH COACHING
• Orientation to coaching
• The principles of intentional listening
• Bridge building and motivation in healing
• Rules of the game, basic technique and inspiration
• An Ethical approach to Health Coaching
• Strategies for healing common health problems
• Home Remedies
• Dietary and Lifestyle adjustments for Common Health Problems
• How to make safe adjustments in diet and lifestyle
• Establishing a health related business
7th - 21th September 2019
Since 1967 Bill Tara has been an active advocate for natural heath care. He has been a health counselor, teacher, author, entrepreneur and creator of health education centers in Europe and North America.
I´m Cátia Curica, the co-founder of Organii, a company dedicate to the distribution of organic cosmetic brands in Portugal.
In 2003 finish the Pharmaceutical Sciences University Course and in 2009 I did a Post-graduation in Medicinal plants.
Cristiano Couto Martins
A seed released to the earth in the fertile spring of 1979 in Freiburg im Braisgau, Germany whose roots later on extended and whose flowers bloomed open in Oporto, Portugal.
I am a Biodanza (Rolando Toro System) Facilitator, certified by the Biodanza SRT School of Oporto, Portugal and also a Dida
Geninha Horta Varatojo
Geninha is one of the most well known Macrobiotic teachers in Portugal and a regular presence in Spain. She is also author of several cook books regarding Macrobiotic diet and writer of countless articles in numerous magazines in Portugal, since 1990's.
He is the Coordinator of the Shiatsu Annual Course, part of the Macrobiotic Institute of Portugal. As the connection between Shiatsu and Macrobiotics has been part of the core of the Macrobiotic Institute, João Filippi also teaches Shiatsu at the Macrobiotic Annual Courses in Portugal and at the
Lourenço de Azevedo
Lourenço de Azevedo has been studying Chinese Medicine since 1998.
His focus are teaching and living in accord with subjects that empower to live a sustainable life. Like Movement, Diet and nutritious Life Choices.
Chef, teacher and consultant of natural food. He was born in 1976 in a family related to the traditional Portuguese cuisine. He attended the course of Environmental Engineering at the Instituto Politécnico de Coimbra.
Nuno Félix Teixeira
Nuno Félix Teixeira is 40 years old and is born and lived in Oporto.
He graduated in Radiology in 1998 and since then works as a Radioographer at the Oporto Oncology Institute. Worked as a regular teacher (Radiology) in 3 Universities from 2002 until 2009.
Paula Azevedo teaches at the Instituto Macrobiótico de Portugal (IMP), where she is responsible for practical and theoretical modules in the Macrobiotic Culinary and Macrobiotic courses.
Rosalina Silva has started her path in the study of Macrobiotic Philosophy in 2008 and ever since she has been practicing in her own life with family and friends.
Simon is the author of Modern Day Macrobiotics and Macrobiotics For Life and a macrobiotic practitioner, consultant and teacher living in London UK. Simon provides online and in person macrobiotic consultations and courses.